Peace in Ukraine: Time to Talk!
- Date: 17 February 19:00 - 21:00
- Location: The Grey Space in the Middle
The war in Ukraïne has been going on for almost one year now. Tens of thousands of people have died in the bloodiest conflict on the European continent since World War II. Both Ukraine, with its Western supporters, and Russia, seem to think only in terms of military escalation. Increasingly heavier weapons and bloodier tactics are being used. Knowing that multiple nuclear-armed militaries are involved in this struggle raises the very concerning question: where will it all end? Are politicians today aware of the ultimately disastrous consequences of a constant cycle of escalation?
It is high time we give diplomacy a new chance before it is too late. Every conflict, even this one, must end at the negotiation table — preferably sooner than later in order to save human lives. But how to get there? How do we build a peace movement to prevent further escalation and push for peaceful solutions to this conflict?
The Hague Peace Projects will discuss this and other questions with the following speakers:
- Jan Pronk (emeritus professor, former Dutch politician and former UN Special Representative)
- Annette Freyberg-Inan (professor of International Relations Theory, University of Amsterdam)
- Bastiaan van Apeldoorn (professor of Global Political Economy and Geopolitics, Vrije Universiteit, Senator for the Socialist Party)
- Henk Baars (president of 'Kerk en Vrede' (Church and Peace)
For more information, click here.
The Grey Space in the Middle
2512 BP Den Haag Sign Up